how to apply
The Hear the World Foundation is committed to improving the quality of life and promoting equal opportunities for people with hearing loss around the world. Our funding priorities are: programs for children, their parents and families, professional training and the prevention of hearing loss.More details
Aid organizations that pursue the same goals with their projects can apply for support from the Hear the World Foundation in the form of funds, hearing solutions from the Sonova product range (hearing aids, cochlear implants and wireless microphone systems), batteries, other audiological equipment and expertise. As a Sonova corporate foundation, we have the option of making Sonova employees available to our partners as specialists on volunteer missions. In order to achieve maximum impact, we prefer projects that we can support as comprehensively as possible with all three of our pillars: financing, technology and expertise.
In keeping with our sustainability standards, the Hear the World Foundation is willing to replace donated hearing aids after five years. To be eligible for such a replacement service, interested project representatives must re-apply through the normal application process. For project funding from 2019/20 onward, the grant application cycle is closed. The next application period starts on November 1, 2019. All necessary documentation will be available on this website.
Funding Principle: sustainability
It is very important to the foundation that the donated resources are used effectively, and have a lasting positive impact on the quality of life of people in need and especially children with hearing loss (more on our funding principles). That is why we support:
- Long-term partnerships / aid projects with the goal of setting up programs to provide audiological care (diagnostics, hearing solutions, follow-up care and communication therapy) for people in need and especially children with hearing loss, in countries with gaps in audiological care.
- Shorter projects that create added value in the domain of hearing health by means of an innovative approach or a new technology.
- Projects are clearly in line with the foundation's goals
- Projects cover as many of the foundation's four funding priorities as possible
- Projects benefit multiple people/groups (for the audiological care of individual children in need, support can be applied for through the foundation's "52 Children" project.)
- Leadership and sufficient resources for project implementation are on site
- Goals and proposed schedule are realistic
- The project application shows how the project's impact on beneficiaries is to be measured
- Applications from profit-oriented companies
- Applications for basic financing of institutions or other foundations
- Applications for support of campaigns, projects or organizations with strong political links
- Fly-in fly-out projects or initiatives without local anchoring
Application Process and forms
Step 1 – Short application to participate
For project funding from 2019/20 onward, the grant application cycle is closed. The next application period starts on November 1, 2019. All necessary documentation will be available on this website.
Step 2 – Comprehensive funding application
Mid-February, projects that reach the second round are given access to the detailed online funding application form. Applicants will be told whether the Hear the World Foundation will support their project by latest mid-May 2019.
Unfortunately, the large number of applications compels us to turn down some projects that we would like to support. Please understand that when we reject a project, we are unable to provide detailed feedback.
For feedback or further information, please send an e-mail to applications(at)hear-the-world.com.