how to apply
The Hear the World Foundation is committed to improving the quality of life and promoting equal opportunities for people and especially children with hearing loss around the world.
Aid organizations that pursue the same goals with their projects can apply for support from the Hear the World Foundation in the form of:
Most low and middle income countries lack of hearing professionals. We aim to enable those countries to become self-sufficient in providing sustainable hearing healthcare and speech therapy. That is why we support:
Criteria for the selection of projects
A) Exclusion criteria
Not suported are:
- profit-oriented businesses
- basic financing of organizations or foundations
- support of campaigns, projects or organizations with significant political exposure
- Fly-in fly-out projects without local anchoring
B) Selection criteria
The Hear the World Foundation preferably supports comprehensive projects that fulfill as many selection criteria as possible:
- Projects match with the purpose of the foundation
- Projects cover as many of our four focus areas (children, families, training, prevention) as possible and have the potential to grow into other areas.
- Projects can be supported as comprehensively as possible through our three pillars of support: financial support, hearing care solutions and professional support.
- Projects focuses on groups of individuals*
- Project promotes local capacity building in a sustainable way
- Project is scalable and possible to be multiplied
- Project is very likely to be successful and sustainable, independently beyond our support
- Availability of resources and leadership to implement and run the project locally
- Targets and proposed timing with the available resources are realistic
- Project partner has a plan to clearly measure the impact of the project for the beneficiaries
- Balance between input (our funding) and output (social impact) generated through the project is reasonable
*for individual children in need, support can be applied for through the foundation's "52 Children" project
Application process and forms
Step 1 – Initial application
The application process for project funding for 2020/21 has ended on January 10, 2020. The next application cycle starts on November 1, 2020. If you already want to prepare an application, please pay close attention to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for help and advice in completing.
The following document “All Questions of Initial Application Form” contains useful explanations as well as an overview of all the possible questions of the Hear the World Foundation initial application form. The purpose of this document is to assist applicants when preparing their answers to the questions found in the initial application form, before submitting the application form. Please note: Use the official application form for your application and do not return us the completed PDF.
Step 2 – Full application
Our independent advisory board review all initial applications and determine which applications meet our criteria best. We will then invite these applicants to submit a full application through access to the respective form by email. The full application must be submitted by the deadline of February 9, 2020, 23.59 CET.
Applicants will be informed in early April 2020 whether their application has been successful and will receive support from the Hear the World Foundation for their project.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to support all of the projects that we would like to. If your application is unsuccessful, we are unable to provide detailed feedback but encourage applicants to consider reapplying to the application process in the future.
In keeping with our sustainability standards, the Hear the World Foundation is willing to replace donated hearing aids after five years. To be eligible for such a replacement service, interested project representatives must re-apply through the normal application process.
For further information, please send an e-mail to applications(at)hear-the-world.com.